Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Medical Supply Chain v. Novation LLC, et al.

I wrote about this last week (in several posts after that also). It is more than a little curious to me that this isn't a bigger news story. It has all the elements you'd think writers and editors would latch on to:

Great ideas that would save lives and money

• Huge corporations allegedly squashing those great ideas because they'd lose money if they went through

• Use of the ever-controversial USA Patriot Act by a mega-bank to help in the squashing

• One of the guys with one of the great ideas fights back with a gigantic lawsuit against said mega-corporations

• Throw in Medicare fraud investigations against the bad guys - and a (perhaps tenuous) connection to the USAtty scandal

What more could editors want? Even taking away the USAtty thing (the owner of the company involved could be trying to get publicity - I have no idea), the lawsuit is real and apparently ongoing.

Here's a press release dated yesterday from the guy initiating the lawsuit, saying Gonzales is sandbagging investigations into the bad guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you're onto something. I've sent a link to your blog to a couple of major blogs covering the USAtty issue, but so far there's no follow-up. (In fairness, one blog replied and said they were interested and would look into it but I haven't seen anything about it yet.)

Any ideas on how to get this out there??? I know everybody is going for the political/Abramoff/Cunningham connection but I don't think you can overlook Medicare fraud as possibly being a major factor.

Anonymous said...

Just found out about this by reading your DKos diaries.

Stay on it!!! Great work...

Anonymous said...

A very accurate observation! I will give you another clue. This scandal is about $40-$80 Billion a year. It is all in the record and the facts. Transparency is going to bring down the house. I will release more content as the opportunities permit. SL~

LT said...

SL

Did you get my email?